“If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.” I’m not entirely sure how accurate of a statement that is, but if you can doge a ball, you could win the prize! Come and join us for our annual Waterloo Dodgeball Tournament, where a collection of churches compete for the ultimate grand prize Trophy and gloating rights for 1 year! Invite your friends! Put a team together! Practice! Have fun! And be sure to sign up!!!
Location: meet @ Country Hills Church (Near Sunrise Plaza)
Date: Friday April 28, 2017
Time:6:30 pm – 10 pm
Other:Non-Marking Indoor Shoes or bare/sock feet required!
Rides: Not Provided
- 1st Place: Movie Tickets
- 2nd Place: Tim’s Gift Cards
- Best Dressed Team (not necessarily a suit and tie, but that might just work!)
- Most Creative Injury (not necessarily a real injury)
- Most Sassy Team
- Best Sportsman-like Team
- Most RowdyTeam
- Most Flatulent Team
- Eager Beavers Team
- Biggest Babies Team
- A Team Consists of 5 players.
- A live ball is defined as a ball that has not been touched by anything after being thrown. If the ball hits the ground, it is dead.
- When a player is hit by a live ball, that player is out. Elimination rules are in effect.
- If a player is hit below the shoulders they are out. Players cannot duck to be hit in the head. The ducking head-knockers are out. Referees will have final judgement.
- If a live ball is thrown, it can be deflected by another ball or a ball in a player’s hands.
- If a player catches a ball, the thrower is out. The player’s team who caught the ball also revives a player who is out. Players will be put back in the game in the order that they have been knocked out. Players are to line up in the order that they are hit off the court, near their back wall.
- If a player re-enters a field without being prompted, the team will forfeit the game. Please listen to the referees.
- If a player is hit by a live ball and it deflects to another play who catches the ball, the player is not out and the thrower is out.
- If you fumble a ball during a catch, you are out.
- If a live ball hits a player and deflects and hits another player before it hits the ground, both players are out.
- If a player exits the boundaries, they are out.
- Referees ALWAYS have final say.
- Other specific rules will be explained during the tournament.
6:30 – 7:00 – Arrival
7:00 – 7:20 – Team Registration (Note: if you show up after 7 you are LATE!)
7:20 – 7:45 – Stretches, Rules & Final Set up
7:45 – 9:45 – Dodge Ball! (Round Robin)
9:45 – 10:00 – Award Ceremony
Provided! and served all night long!
Event Sign Up