Highland Baptist Church – Values 2011
- We cherish our faith as crucial to
fullness of life. This is a faith in God’s great love, in Christ’s saving work
and the ongoing support and promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- We accept as true that the gospel is life giving for every person who believes
- We hold that evangelism is a biblical imperative and happens best in the context of relationship and caring
- We express God’s love in a variety of serving ministries
- We value the people in the community around us locally and also have concern for the global community
- It is important to form strategic partnerships for international work
- We would like to become more missional.
- The object of our worship and praise is God
- Our worship is built on the foundation of the Bible as God’s word
- We promote worship as a shared expression of the gathered community of faith
- Our worship service addresses both heart and mind
- We value messages based on scripture, which are practical, relevant and nurtures spiritual growth
- We respect and appreciate various styles of worship.
- Our teaching is Christ centred and biblically based
- The Bible is central to our faith and practice
- It is important for us to pass on the Christian faith to the next generation of Christians, young and old
- Lifelong learning for all ages is an essential value and happens both at church and at home
- Small groups are important for fellowship and learning
- Personal and group prayer is vital for spiritual development.
- We are a diverse congregation and we value all people unconditionally
- We accept people where they are in their walk with Christ, and encourage spiritual growth
- We seek to identify, nurture and encourage the gifts that every member brings
- We value ALL people and pay special attention to our children, youth, the elderly and others who are vulnerable
- We seek to be authentic in our words and actions, following Christ’s example
- We value commitment, sacrifice and service for the sake of God’s Kingdom
- We seek to be a caring and loving community which reflects Christ’s presence.
- We hold that everything we have is God’s
- We offer our time, gifts and financial resources in order to engage in mission and ministry
- We value our building as a vehicle to help us accomplish our mission and as a meaningful centre for worship. We believe that keeping it up to date and well maintained is a positive witness to our community.